Our client is a very highly regarded multidisciplinary consultancy with a solid and diverse portfolio of public and private sector project work. They are currently seeking to appoint an Engineer or Senior Engineer specialising in Development Infrastructure to join their friendly and dynamic development team in their Edinburgh office.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to lead on the delivery of infrastructure design (drainage/ roads/ highways /earthworks/ sewerage/ SUDS/ public realm) solutions for developments in the residential, commercial, retail and industrial sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Preparation of designs and drawing in accordance with technical design standards
* Undertaking feasibility and pre-planning assessments, site appraisals of engineering infrastructure
* Development of preliminary and detailed designs on drainage (WInDes / SUDS), roads (Civil 3D / DMRB) and other infrastructure projects
* Preparation of technical documents and engineering reports
* Delivery of projects on time and to budget
* Liaison with clients, regulators and other stakeholders
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. BEng/ MEng Civil Engineering)
* Chartered or working towards chartered status with a recognised professional institution (e.g. ICE)
* Knowledge of infrastructure design at concept, feasibility and preliminary level
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, PDS and Microdrainage (WinDes) is desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills