This role will be based in Birmingham but you will be seconded out to a large rail infrastucture project! The role will be to lead the traffic and transport assessment work developed for the hybrid Bill in accordance with organisational, sponsor and parliamentary requirements. To be the client conduit ensuring full and efficient integration of traffic and transport tasks across design engineering and environmental impact assessment.
Lead on the traffic and transport assessment requirements, this is including the finalisation of the consultant's traffic and transport assessment scope and methodology and there deliverables, working in close association with the Technical Directorate.
Ensure all client requirements are met for the hybrid Bill and in particular the Environmental Impact Assessment Report.
To work collaboratively with other technical specialists including engineers, spatial planners, construction experts and environmental and sustainability specialists to achieve high quality integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions. Ensure traffic and transport work contributes efficiently and effectively (to minimise duplication or conflicts) to dependent work‐streams.
Support the Head of Environment on internal and external reporting of local traffic and transport matters.
* Bachelor or Master's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
* Chartered membership of a relevant professional organisation (including Transport Planning Professional (TPP)) or working towards.
* Demonstrate a track record of working as a transport specialist in a lead/ senior capacity on transport assessments for complex/ major infrastructure projects.
* Proven ability to manage consultants and to work across multidisciplinary teams overseeing the technical output of consultants and expert advisors.
* In depth understanding of WebTAG, transport assessment guidance and travel planning.
* Proficient in transport planning, analysis and assessment techniques, including an understanding of the development and application of transport planning modelling and assessment tools.