Location: Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Croydon, London or Guildford
Salary: £25000 - £35000
We are seeking experienced Hydraulic modellers to join our client's strong UK hydrology team, to work on their large-scale and prestigious projects in the infrastructure, rail, and development sectors. They have an established client base including National Grid, the Environment agency and Crossrail.
You will join a thriving team with an excellent pipeline of work on the horizon which will see you working with high level clients, taking on a client-facing role and growing your project portfolio.
Your brief will include:
* Provide technical modelling input on a variety of environmental flood risk projects.
* Collaborate with the design teams to ensure the effectiveness of the flood mitigation strategies.
* Support in the preparation of project proposals
* Build relationships with clients
* Manage and mentor junior consultants
You will have;
* A degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science or similar
* Second post-graduate degree is desirable, as is evidence of CPD towards Chartership for a senior position.
* Experience with ISIS-TUFLOW is essential for this role
* MapInfo or ArcGIS experience
* Excellent report writing skills
* Experience of feeding into Flood Risk Assessments and a sound understanding of how these link to wider EIA work is desirable.
These positions offer great opportunity for both consultant and senior level Hydraulic Modellers, allowing for further development within a prestigious engineering consultancy. They offer flexible working and an excellent package to suit your skillset and level of experience. The team is well established, with the more senior members having worked together for over 10 years now. Their client base also benefits from similar longevity, with projects kicked off in 2005 still in play!