I'm looking for a Technician who has local knowledge of the Cambridge area. They will be working in a busy multi-disciplinary team working on a diverse range of projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved on a number of projects such as Development Infrastructure, Residential and Mixed Use Developments and Highway Improvements.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* Support the civil engineering team in preparing designs, plans and drawings, and input to reports
* Design of Earthworks, Highways, Pavement and Drainage
* Assistance with technical approval submissions and for construction
* Use of CAD (2D and 3D)
* Undertaking 3D engineering design modelling
* Experience of 3D draughting would be advantageous, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be a positive, enthusiastic team and will have/be:
* HNC qualification or equivalent is desirable, but not essential
* Keen interest in civil infrastructure engineering
* Competency in computer aided drawing and the use of AutoCAD
* Experience of using Civils 3D and MicroDrainage (WinDes) is desirable (candidates with experience in similar 3D design packages will be considered if the candidate has no experience in Civils 3D)
* Experience in the use of Autotrack or similar