My Client is a unique consultancy, specialising in engineering and land development, placing sustainability at the heart of both our culture and their operation. A world-class expertise in a wide variety of market sectors through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients and provide significant opportunity for career progression and personal development.
Their busy London office works on a diverse range of multi-disciplinary projects. The Transport team has a vacancy for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Transport Planner / Engineer to join the Transport team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy and to work on a variety of projects.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
* Management of small and medium scale projects and monitoring of budgets and resources
* Technical responsibility of transport project delivery, including trip generation and highway capacity modelling, travel planning and transport strategies
* Staff mentoring and line management responsibility
* Liaison with clients/contractors and local / national authorities as required
* Working collectively with other technical disciplines
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role you'll need:
* Ideally at least 4-8 years' experience in Transport Planning / Engineering
* Have good experience in Transport Assessments and an understanding of core design principles
* Experience / knowledge of junction modelling software LinSig / PICADY / ARCADY / TRANSYT / VISSIM
* Be a positive and enthusiastic team player
* Have excellent communication and technical report writing skills
An ideal candidate would have project management experience, but this is a fantastic opportunity to development your project management capability in a truly multi-disciplinary environment.