I am working with a SME Engineering company, who are looking for a Structural Engineer to join their London team. They have 20 years' experience in the structural and civil engineering sector (75% structural engineering, 25% civil engineering) and currently have 5 UK and 1 International office. With the 3 main offices being based in London, Oxford and Norwich.
The Managing Director outlined his ambitious growth plans as he looks to increase turnover from £2.5m in 2016 to £5m in 2018. The reason for this is because 90% of their work is repeat business and they are having to turn away work as they don't have enough staff to work on the projects!
They are looking for a Structural Engineer with a good few year's post-graduate experience in an engineering consultancy.
The company provides excellent support towards chartership and work on residential and commercial projects (small to large scale). This role will suit a candidate who is keen on being able to lead on their own projects and eventually lead their own office.
Our client has the mentality that you can train someone up on the technical side, however you can't train their personality. So, above all else, they are looking for someone who will fit in to the team well and will be confident and experienced in a client-facing environment.
* Experience of design and detailing of structures in masonry, steel, timber and concrete
* Be able to plan and manage CAD documentation of design work
* Verify and check the delivery of work
* Help support senior staff in the delivering projects within time and budget
* Ensuring that senior staff are kept informed of relevant service/design issues and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved