I am currently working with an international consultancy who are seeking to recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor/Senior Building Surveyor to join their growing team in Dublin. Working closely with Directors and other team members, you will work to achieve ultimate client satisfaction by focusing on excellent in service delivery. With a diverse stream of projects within the buildings division, this is an excellent opportunity to make a genuine impact at growing a business whilst simultaneously offering career progression.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide sound and reasoned technical and professional advice to clients or internal stakeholders relating to the Building Surveying scope of services, which will include:
- technical due diligence (TDD) and surveys, including for pre-acquisition, stock condition, validation and building defect/pathology purposes
- development monitoring
- design and specification
- contract administration
- historic building conservation
* Take responsibility for the delivery of projects (generally <£100K - £2M) and professional assignments and/or support the senior colleagues in the delivery of larger projects / assignments.
* Assist with the development of Building Surveying services, responding to market opportunities
* From time to time you may act as an APC Candidate's Supervisor.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Be an experienced Building Surveyor who is MRICS / MSCSI or working towards it.
* Proven ability in core Building Surveying including Technical Due Diligence, Dilapidations Matters and Contract Administration.
* Able to assist colleagues around the world with inspections, therefore an interest in working abroad, on occasion, is desired
* Accomplished in report writing, Word, Excel, CAD and Microsoft Project.
* Good communication skills with a pro-active approach and 'can do' attitude
* Have detailed and thorough knowledge of both traditional and modern building construction technology and techniques
* A strong track record as a professional Building Surveyor, showing the desire for a progressive career structure