Our client is a leading commercial property and planning consultancy working across a broad array of sectors including residential, mixed use, retail and commercial. They currently have a unique opportunity for a commercially-driven Town Planner to take a lead role within their Edinburgh office.
Leading the planning team, you will be responsible for team management and leading individuals alongside practical aspects of the role. This role requires business development acumen across a wide range of sectors to ensure the future success of the department. There is a clear path for progression towards Partner level for successful candidates.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
To succeed in this position, you will:
* Provide planning advice to clients
* Coordinate and manage projects.
* Prepare planning appraisals and statements
* Prepare supporting material for planning applications.
* Provide supervision to more junior staff and assist in their professional development.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Associate Town Planner will have:
* Degree or Masters in Town Planning
* Corporate member of the RTPI
* An excellent understanding of the UK planning systems
* Experience of liaising with major commercial businesses, house-builders and land owners
* Business development experience
* A full UK driving licence
This is an opportunity to join a commercial property and planning consultancy where agents and consultants work together to deliver bespoke advice to clients. You will be part of a friendly team where a meritocratic environment is encouraged, with efforts rewarded through a highly competitive salary. For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community. For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit http://www.mattinsonpartnership.com/