Maintenance Manager biomass power station, Killin, Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK. Salary to £35,000 per annum + benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced maintenance professional to lead the maintenance function for a brand new (CHP) biomass power station in Killin, Scotland.
You'll be a key member of the management team, reporting directly to the power station manager.
Initially you'll work closely with the orginal equipment supplier to design and develop appropriate maintenance procedures as the power station transitions through commissioning to long term operation.
The BERL Acharn biomass power station is a purpose built facility, designed and built to the highest standards and uses highly advanced, proven technology to generate heat and power from locally sourced sustainable fuel (wood).
The site nestles in the beautiful hillside around Killin in the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park and offers a clean and safe environment to all operational staff and visitors to the site.
the power station is being prepared for imminent commissioning and connection to the national grid and will provide clean energy 24/7 for the next 25 years.
You are a highly trained and experienced maintenance professional with extensive experience of developing and implementing safe working practices and work control procedures that are compliant with statutory requirements.
You live within a reasonable commutable distance to the site in Killin (Stirlingshire), or you would able to move to the area.
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Develop and participate in work control procedure implementation.
* Assist in the development of safe working procedures.
* Develop the procedures required to meet and comply with HSE regulatory requirements.
* Implement and follow procedures for bringing contractors to site including, Induction training, RAMS and Method statement vetting. Prepare safety documentation.
* Maximise plant availability by planning for agreed shut down PPM schedules, including stock control tools and spares planning.
* HNC in either Electrical, Mechanical or an Instrumentation engineering discipline.
* Craft skills gained from an electrical mechanical or instrumentation apprenticeship , applicants with developed experience in operations including participation in the safety rules from other backgrounds will also be considered
* A clean driving licence.
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a small team. Knowing how to work safely while meeting plant demands for productivity.
* Experienced team leader.
* Fluent English, right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
* Able to start work quickly (within one month max)
* Experience with computers in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other modern communication systems.
* Experience in HV switching
* Experience with computer controlled plant and control rooms
* Additional qualifications:- IOSH , NEBOSH, first aid