Our client is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with a prestigious array of clients within the building and construction sector both in the UK and internationally. They are currently seeking to appoint a commercially-focussed Associate Director or Director of Civil Infrastructure to lead and grow their Leeds-based Civils team.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for business development and a proven track record in the management and delivery of technical solutions for civil infrastructure proposals across a range sectors. The role represents a great opportunity for ambitious individual to play a lead role in the future growth and success of the local civils business, with the backing of the wider civils team and one of the most reputable names in the UK engineering consultancy sector.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage and review the preparation of designs, drawings and reports for major development infrastructure proposals in a range of sectors
* Liaison with clients, regulators and other stakeholders
* Management and mentoring of teams of engineers and technicians
* Project management, financial management and budgetary control
* Business development through effectively managing client relationships for repeat business, networking and preparation of multidisciplinary bids and proposals
* Business planning through identifying future growth and diversification opportunities
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. BEng/ MEng Civil Engineering)
* Chartered with a recognised professional institution (e.g. ICE, IStructE)
* Extensive experience leading and managing project teams and technical/ financial management of civil infrastructure projects at varying scales
* Excellent knowledge of approvals process (S106, S278, S38 and S104) and relevant policy and design standards (e.g. DMRB, Designing Streets)
* Track record off developing and securing new business
* Network of local contacts in both the public and private sectors is desirable
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com