My client is looking for Senior transport planners to work in their Surrey office. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to large projects and develop your career whilst getting the best professional development on the market. Ideally my client is looking for 5 years experienced but will consider back to 3 years.
Technical experience and skills, with a solid grounding in transportation planning for public and/or private sector clients, and likely to consist of a mix of:
* Planning policy, transport assessments or development control.
* Application of operational transport models for junctions (PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG or TRANSYT and/or microsimulation).
* Scheme appraisal using WebTAG and cost-benefit analysis.
* An ability to undertake and appreciate methods to deliver bespoke analysis regarding initial scheme viability.
* Parking, local traffic, lorry management and other local transport plan issues including cycle and walking strategy development.
* An ability to conceptualise and articulate a path that will transform a local problem or issue into a set of options and evidence for consideration through to outline design.
* Traffic engineering experience and minor scheme design for urban areas
Qualifications / Experience:
* The successful candidate will have experience ideally gained in a consultancy background.
* They will be comfortable providing inputs to the review and scoping of commissions and fee proposals.
* The candidate will be actively in the process of achieving professional accreditation either through ICE, CIHT, TPP or equivalent.
* An ability and desire to make presentations for industry events / seminars / external professional groups would be attractive, as would experience coding using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python or other languages.