My client works both domestically and internationally and they are looking to fill a principal Transport Economist position. They are looking for someone with 15 years of experience in Projects and in particular over overseas projects. They must be able to manage a small team and work in collaboration with the transport planning team.
You will need to be accountable for:
* Use the Quality System Procedures for project development as appropriate.
* Use International and National Standards as applicable.
* Prepare feasibility studies including using project appraisal (both financial and economic) and cost-benefit-analysis techniques, including collection of capital and operating costs for all transport modes
* Prepare traffic demand forecasts for all transport modes.
* Prepare macro-economic studies including future estimates of national growth
* Forecast the effects of transport improvements, policy changes and environmental changes on traffic patterns and volumes.
* Prepare input on road user charging and other similar types of projects
* Prepare input on PPP type projects, including elements of project financing and concessions
* Provide planning input to multi-criteria analyses for infrastructure projects.
* Degree in Economics or Transport Planning or an equivalent combination of experience and education.