There is a fantastic opportunity for a Consultant/Senior Ecologist to join a highly esteemed, global multidisciplinary consultancy in their East Grinstead office, however they'd also be interested to see people in their London and Basingstoke offices. They're looking for someone to join the team to support the delivery of projects in the property and infrastructure sectors. You will be working with established clients such as The Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Undertaking ecological survey and reporting; providing ecological advice; assisting in the day to day management of team activities. The role demands a balanced approach towards ecological risk management, benefitting both the needs of the client and nature conservation interests. The post requires excellent report writing skills and a responsibility to assist with the effective management of a variable portfolio of work and inputs from sub-consultants and other members of the wider project team.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Honours degree in ecology or biology or other relevant discipline or equivalent
* Full membership of the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
* An understanding of ecological risk management
* Commercial awareness and an understanding of the of bidding and job winning process
* Excellent communication and project management skills