An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ecologist to join a leading environmental consultancy to strengthen their team in the Manchester region. As an ecologist, you will be involved in a variety of project work both in the office and in the field. This will include habitat, vegetation and protected species surveys, watching briefs and assisting with EcIAs.
If you have a passion for ecology and have demonstrable ecological experience within a consultancy environment then we'd love to hear from you.
As a team Ecologist your brief will include;
* Survey and mitigation works regarding protected species,
* Undertaking and writing scoping, Phase 1 habitat reports and developing ecological management plans for planning.
* Undertaking ecological Clerk of Works and Watching Brief roles on construction contracts.
Qualifications / Experience:
Successful Ecologist will have;
* An appropriate degree(s)
* Associate IEEM Membership
* Competency in the survey of one or more key protected species: great crested newts, badgers, reptiles, dormice, water voles, birds
* Demonstrable relevant work experience covering Phase 1 and habitat surveys, EIA as well as BREEAM and CfSH
* Proven report writing capabilities including Phase 1 survey reports, protected species survey reports and assisting with ES chapters.
* Attention to detail and accuracy and excellent communication skills.
* Full clean driving licence
Desirable experience and qualifications include;
* Holder of at least one EPS license (Preferably GCN)
* CSCS Card
This is an exciting time to join an expanding and forward thinking team. In return for your efforts, our client is offering a competitive salary in addition to a friendly and supportive working environment. For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ruth on 020 7960 2557 or