Principal or Associate Ecologist
Location: Basingstoke and Sheffield
Salary: Competitive package
Type: Full time (part-time considered)
Ecus has an exceptional opportunity for a highly experienced ecological consultant to join our team at a senior level.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the exciting growth plans for the business. We are looking for someone looking to take a significant career move to an ambitious environmental consultancy with an ethos and culture that is highly rewarding.
Ecus Ltd has been providing environmental consultancy services for 30 years and has gained a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and having a great working environment.
We are currently seeking a Principal or Associate Director for ecology to join our Basingstoke and Sheffield offices and support the Regional Managers and Head of Ecology in delivering and developing our portfolio of projects, including large infrastructure projects and research and long term monitoring projects.
You will be a key member of the team, working with the Regional Manager and the executive team to help drive the direction of the ecology work stream the region. You will work with our established and busy team of bat, dormouse and great crested newt surveyors, reptile experts and nationally acclaimed botanists.
Depending on the grade the role will include:
• Management of regional ecology team
• Provision of high level technical support to the business
• Business development
• Preparation of fee quotes and tenders
• Managing ecology appraisals and EcIAs
• Maintaining and developing client relationships
• Leading protected species surveys and mitigation projects
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Track record of winning and delivering complex contracts
• Over ten years professional consultancy experience
• Protected species licence such as dormouse or bat licence
• Experience of EcIA and HRA and consultee consultation
• Experience of obtaining EPS licences
• Experience of preparing proof of evidence
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• Relevant degree and postgraduate degree
• Full membership of CIEEM
• Full driving licence
On a personal level, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with good communication skills and the ability to fit into a lively and ambitious team. You must be willing to work anti-social hours and away from base where required.
Salary & Benefits
As well as our generous benefits package we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Investors in People status.
• Competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• Healthcare benefit package
• Development and training opportunities
• Flexible approach to work
• Friendly, supportive working environment
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us using the details below.
Closing date for applications 29th October 2017 though early applications are strongly encouraged and advert may close early.