We are currently working with a successful multi-disciplinary firm in Edinburgh who are seeking to add a Civil Technician to join a buoyant and motivated team of engineering professionals. This role will cover work on infrastructure/highways design, earthworks, remediation, surface drainage and sewerage/SUDS with projects covering the residential, commercial, retail and industrial sectors. The successful candidate will be able to prepare technical design information and be able to deliver innovative civil engineering infrastructure solutions for a range of civil infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Carrying out feasibility and pre-planning assessments of engineering infrastructure
* Taking outline engineering proposals and analyse to create imaginative design proposals
* Managing the delivery of individual tasks or activities to programme and budget
* Liaising with Clients, regulators/other project stakeholders and other in-house skill groups
* Being a member of a team responsible for the delivery of a wide range of major land development projects
* Carrying out site inspections and surveys
* Assisting with the preparation of and understanding concept engineering drawings including cut and fill appraisals, road design, drainage including SUDS and site levelling.
* Working with engineers to translate outline engineering proposals to detailed design drawings, understanding the relationship between the project disciplines.
* Preparing engineering reports in support of planning applications, site appraisals and submissions to statutory authorities.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Civil Engineering related qualification (eg. HNC or equivalent)
* Experience in the design of roads, drainage and earthworks modelling in connection with land development.
* Knowledge of Sewers for Scotland, SuDS design, RCC processes.
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD
* Good understanding of design procedures, change control, checking and review.
* Experience of working in collaborative design team/environment.
* High standard of written English highly proficient with the use of Microsoft office suite including PowerPoint, Microsoft XL and Word. Experience of preparing formal reports and correspondence.
* The production of infrastructure design packages, drawings & calculations.
* Ability to quickly interpret engineering drawings and prepare details for drafting by others.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Liam Madden on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com