Our client, an established engineering consultancy, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Structural Engineer to join their dedicated project team in Aberdeen. The ideal candidates will have some consultancy experience and a range of civil/ structural engineering skills, including experience in the detailed design of structural works.
Our client is experiencing rapid growth and you will have the opportunity to assist and lead on a variety of projects of varying scales spanning the residential, commercial, retail and education sectors. For candidates at a higher level business development skills would be anticipated as well as experience of key client portfolios.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Undertake a wide variety of structural projects for residential, leisure, museum, commercial and industrial developments
* Undertake initial concept design of structures and prepare/ review detailed technical drawings
* Liaise with clients, project teams and external consultants and coordinate responses to design team members and Local Authorities
* Provision of engineering reports on existing buildings / structures
* Provision of design reports at various stages for both internal and external use
* Site visits to ensure works are in compliance with design
* Mentor less experienced engineers and technicians within the office
* Attendance at design and construction project meetings
Qualifications / Experience:
* BEng or MEng in Civil/ Structural Engineering
* Chartered (or working towards Chartership) with a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE/ IStructE)
* Experience of managing the design and delivery of structural design projects from conception to completion
* Experience in the use of relevant industry software (e.g. TEDDs, Fastrak Building Designer, CSC Structural Office, S-Frame) would be beneficial
* Excellent written and verbal communicative skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Liam on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com