Our client is an established multidisciplinary engineering consultancy with offices across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior or Principal Contaminated Land Consultant to their small but friendly team in Glasgow, supported by a wider UK team of over 40 geoenvironmental and geotechnical engineers.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Management and delivery of the geoenvironmental and geotechnical input for a range of development and infrastructure projects throughout the UK
* Supervision and support of environmental site investigations
* Oversee the design, inspection and validation for environmental remediation works and mine stabilisation works
* Provide technical advice with regards to geoenvironmental/ geotechnical projects such as:
* Sampling of soil, gases, groundwater and surface water
* Remediation design
* Slope stability assessment / advice
* Soil classification and development of Waste Management Plans
* Liaison and negotiation with clients, local authorities and other stakeholders
* Development of business and expansion of the team
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree or Masters in Earth Science or Engineering
* Chartered or working towards chartership status (e.g. MICE, CEnv)
* Demonstrable experience with a multidisciplinary consultancy providing full range of contaminated land assessment services across multiple sectors
* Knowledge of geotechnical engineering would be advantageous
* Project management experience and experience of staff management / mentoring
* Excellent written and verbal communicative skills (including client liaison)
Our client offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive remuneration and benefits package, car allowance, pension scheme, flexible working and support towards professional memberships.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.