Due to their continued success in the current market, my client are looking to bring on a Principal Ecologist to join their growing Manchester team. They are looking for a pro-active candidate, you can come in and hit the ground running.
You will be given the chance to work on high profile projects in the UK, whilst speaking to and liasing with top clients. You will be part of the wider Environmental Team, whilst supporting the junior team members and reporting the Associate Director.
As a Principal Ecologist you will:
* Provide technical support and management to ecology project teams, delivering work efficiently and within budget
* Manage project resources effectively and contribute to the professional development of junior team members
* Develop sound working relationships with internal and external clients
* Prepare bids/proposals and develop new areas of business, including international project work
Qualifications / Experience
Successful candidates will have:
* Relevant degree and preferably MSc
* IEEM / CEnv membership
* Solid ecological surveying and reporting skills with appropriate technical and managerial experience across a variety of sectors including infrastructure, residential and energy
* Demonstrable project co-ordination and budget management skills
* Good commercial acumen and track record of developing ecology team business within the consultancy field
* Experience of managing ecological aspects of large projects & working with contractors, planners, designers and engineers
* Full valid driving licence
* International project experience (beneficial)
Technical expertise of successful candidates should include: § Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Survey
* Survey licence holder for one or more protected species
* Producing and implementing protected species development licence applications
* Experience of designing and implementing ecological mitigation schemes Experience of successfully undertaking international project work
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual demonstrating integrity and commitment to join an award winning business. This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the development of the UK Ecology business and help to develop international project prospects.