We are currently seeking a Chartered Landscape Architect to play a central role in expanding our client's workload and reputation in delivering environmental and regulatory services for a range of public and private sector infrastructure development projects.
As a senior member of the team your role will involve providing landscape architectural services to in-house clients, managing environmental projects, working with other professionals, delegating and providing guidance to junior members of the team. You will work as part of multidisciplinary project teams to promote the incorporation of landscape design for projects such as sustainable drainage schemes and to influence design outcomes. You will be involved in the production of stand-alone reports, landscape information for planning submissions and preparing specialist inputs as part of Environmental Impact Assessments.
You should have sound technical knowledge of landscape specification and implementation of landscape works as well as the ability to provide cost estimates. You will engage in direct contact with clients as well as building and maintaining effective relationships within and outside the company. You must therefore have client facing experience as well as commercial awareness and understanding.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Hold a post graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture and be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute with a post qualification experience
• Be experienced in undertaking a range of activities including Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment and landscape master planning for infrastructure projects including energy and water
• Be experienced in designing and implementing landscape works with a sound knowledge in horticulture, as well as having practical on-site experience, involving liaison with contractors
• Be a highly motivated professional with a desire to grow and promote landscape architecture within a consultancy team and able to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and clients
• Be experienced working in a multidisciplinary team, liaising with clients, statutory authorities and other stakeholders
• Be commercially aware and able to prepare detailed cost estimates for professional fees for inclusion in tenders/bids and to estimate costs for landscape works
• Be proficient in using software packages for report writing and presentation of graphic information, landscape drawings and visualisations e.g. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD
When applying for this vacancy please ensure that you attach your CV in WORD FORMAT including your full contact details and postal address. Failure to provide this information will significantly hinder our ability to assist you.