Ecus has an exceptional opportunity for a highly experienced EIA consultant to join our team at a senior level.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the exciting growth plans for the business. We are looking for someone looking to take a significant career move to an ambitious environmental consultancy with an ethos and culture that is highly rewarding.
Ecus Ltd has been providing environmental consultancy services for 30 years and has gained a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and having a great working environment.
We are currently seeking an Associate/Technical Director for EIA to support our Head of Environment and existing technical teams to develop and lead statutory EIAs and non-statutory multi-disciplinary projects. A technical background in an EIA discipline would be advantageous such as; community impacts, LVIA, noise, hydrology etc or a background in sustainability. An understanding of EIAs in the residential, infrastructure and/or renewables sector would also be advantageous.
You will be a key member of the team, working with the Head of Environment to help drive growth and delivery of the Environment Team business plan. You will work with our technical teams across the UK to provide high quality EIAs under the IEMA EIA Quality Mark and other non-EIA multi-disciplinary outputs.
The role will include:
• Oversee the delivery of projects
• Lead the preparation of tenders
• Contribute to work wining activities and key client account management
• Assist with meeting the Company targets
• Provide staff mentoring and team leadership
• Help with business strategy development especially within the urban regeneration and infrastructure sectors
• Work with the management team to manage recruitment, training, annual appraisals etc.
• Monitor the team’s adherence to company health and safety, quality and environmental management system requirements
• Technically review EIA/ESIA Chapters, and Non-Technical Summaries
• To keep up to date with relevant environmental planning legislation/policy/guidance.
• Management of EIAs under the IEMA EIA Quality Mark scheme
• Maintaining our IEMA EIA Quality Mark status
Skills & Experience
• Track record of winning and delivering complex contracts
• Over ten years professional consultancy experience
• Experience of EIA for a range of sectors
• Experience of preparing proof of evidence desirable
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• Relevant degree and ideally a postgraduate degree
• Chartered Environmentalist or similar desirable
• Full driving licence
On a personal level, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with good communication skills and the ability to fit into a lively and ambitious team. You must be willing to work anti-social hours and away from base where required.
Salary & Benefits
As well as our generous benefits package we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Investors in People status.
• Competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• Healthcare benefit package
• Cycle to work scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Development and training opportunities
• Flexible approach to work
• Friendly, supportive working environment
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter. Please indicate your preferred location.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us using the details below.
Closing date for applications 31st October 2017 though early applications are encouraged and advert may close early.