We are seeking an ambitious Associate Director or Director of Town Planning to join as a Planning Partner in the Newcastle office of a leading global real estate and planning consultancy.
The client work in partnership with a host of blue chip clients both in the UK and internationally on property and development related issues. The role would suit a commercially-driven planner looking to make a step up to Partner level. You will have the autonomy to develop the local planning business and team, supported of the wider UK planning team as well as a globally-respected name in real estate consultancy.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Business development through introducing clients, nurturing existing clients and working with the team to develop new clients in the residential, commercial, retail and education sectors
* Directing and raising the profile of the planning business across the North East
* Establishing project briefs from clients, ensuring strategy and quality delivery, delegation and management of internal and external teams;
* Advising on technical and commercial issues, and presenting at public inquiry, public meetings and seminars;
* Managing all financial aspects of the team, including fee forecasting, credit control and fee negotiation;
* Delivering projects on budget, on target, maintaining client and colleague relationships
* Contribute positively to the overall development of the company, including cross referrals to other departments, marketing, establishing and developing relationships with existing and new clients and the overall management of the Partnership
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline (Town Planning)
* Chartered Member of Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI)
* Extensive consultancy experience including leading planning teams on large and complex planning projects
* Proven record of business development and sound commercial awareness
* A flair for developing sustainable client relationships and winning new business
* Strong reputation and network of contacts across the North of England
* Experience of appearing as an expert witness at Public Inquiries and hearings
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com