We have an exciting opportunity for a senior ecologist to join a multi-disciplinary Health, Safety & Environmental Consultancy in one of our client's southern offices. As a senior ecologist, you will have the opportunity to get involved in the whole life cycle of a variety of project work across a variety of sectors - from government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
You will have the autonomy to build your own team and expand our client's ecological service offering across the south of the UK, playing a key role in the successful implementation of the Environmental Services business plan.
If you have broad technical ecological skills, demonstrable project and team management experience and a flair for business development, then we'd like to hear from you.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Senior Ecologist will;
* Be responsible for successful Project Management including client liaison, tender preparation and financial control to ensure successful delivery of projects;
* Undertake business development, expansion of existing client base and resource management in the southern region.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Senior Ecologist will have;
* Degree in a relevant field as a minimum;
* Sound field skills, with specialist knowledge of protected and notable species and habitats;
* At least one protected species licence;
* Excellent knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance;
* Experience in the preparation of mitigation method statements, including obtaining licences for European Protected Species;
* Demonstrable experience in managing multi-species projects;
* Proven business development skills including fee scheduling and tender writing;
* Proven project management experience, including resource allocation and invoicing;
* IEEM membership;
* Full driving licence.
This unique role presents the opportunity to take ownership and put your own spin on the future success of the Southern environmental team. You will receive guidance from other senior staff around you including Regional Directors and Business Development managers.