Principal/Associate Director Geo-Environmental or Geo-Technical Engineer
Location: Sheffield (other offices considered)
Salary: £36,000-£46,000 depending on experience
Type: Full time (part-time considered)
Ecus Ltd has been providing environmental consultancy services for over 31 years and has gained a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and having a great working environment. We are currently seeking a Principal/Associate Director to support our growing Geoscience Team and support driving the business forward.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the exciting growth plans for the business. We are looking for someone who wants to take a significant career move to an ambitious environmental consultancy with an ethos and culture which is highly rewarding. The role will suit an individual with an extensive track record in consulting especially within urban regeneration and infrastructure.
The role will include:
• Business development and preparation of fee quotes and tenders.
• Assisting other technical directors and regional managers with business development.
• Maintaining and developing client relationships.
• High quality technical support to the business and advice to our clients.
• Mentoring and technical training junior staff and support in obtaining Chartership.
• Ensuring compliance with recognised technical standards, guidance and legislation and timely delivery and completion of projects.
• Preparation and technical review of Phase 1 and Phase 2 Site Investigations, including relevant chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments.
• Interpretative reporting of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental site investigations.
• Preparation of Remediation Method Statements and other earthworks/ground improvement scheme specifications.
• Promoting best practice in Health and Safety across the UK geoscience team and ensuring compliance with established Health and Safety management systems.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Qualitative and quantitative human health and controlled waters risk assessments, remediation activities including options appraisals, strategies, detailed design, procurement, supervision and sign off.
• Proven technical experience appropriate to the role with strong Geotechnical engineering and/or Geo-environmental experience.
• Over 9 years professional consultancy experience.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills.
• Relevant degree.
• Chartered with relevant professional body.
• Full driving licence.
On a personal level, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with good communication skills and the ability to fit into a lively and ambitious team. You must be willing to work flexibly including away from base where required.
Salary & Benefits
As well as our generous benefits package we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Silver Investors in People status.
• Competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• Healthcare benefit package and Perkbox Scheme
• Development and training opportunities
• Flexible approach to work
• Friendly, supportive working environment
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter. Please indicate your preferred location.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us using the details below.
Closing date for applications 17th November 2017 though early applications are encouraged and advert may close early.