Our client is a successful mid-sized multidisciplinary consultancy seeking to bolster their engineering capability with the appointment of a motivated and experienced Senior or Principal Civil/ Environmental Engineer. The client have a diverse portfolio of work across multiple sectors, including infrastructure, commercial and residential development, public sector/ local authority, mining and minerals and renewable energy. Their geographical reach extends beyond the UK to Europe and internationally.
The ideal candidate will have a background in civil engineering and contract management and have the opportunity to manage a varied portfolio of work across flood risk/ river engineering, geotechnics, drainage design/ strategies, landfill design, infrastructure and land remediation.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
* Coordinate, supervise and provide contract management for a range of schemes including flood alleviation, river engineering, infrastructure, landfill and remediation
* Develop and review civil designs calculations, sketches, detailed design drawings and reports
* Construction supervision, contract management and quality assurance
* Preparation of engineering / construction contracts (NEC3) and drawings
* Preparation of proposals and tender submissions
* Liaison with clients, colleagues and contractors
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* HNC or Degree in relevant discipline (g. BEng)
* Evidence of continuing professional development and ideally chartership
* Previous experience in construction supervision, contract management and project delivery within the UK, ideally within civil or geotechnical engineering
* Proven technical design capability and project management skills.
* Appreciation of quality systems such as ISO 9901 and NEC construction contracts
* Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Uk driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com