Our client is a specialist environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse array of projects throughout the UK and Ireland. They have built their success through the appointment of highly motivated individuals who provide sustainable solutions to business challenges.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are looking to appoint an Assistant Hydrologist or Hydrologist to their Glasgow office to work within their highly successful water team.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide hydrology and hydraulic modelling support for a range of public and private sector proposals both in the UK and internationally
* Conduct hydrological assessments and develop hydraulic models (primarily for riverine and costal environments)
* Prepare flood risk assessments (FRA) for a range of development proposals
* Liaise with other members of the team, clients, regulators and sub-contractors
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree/ Masters educated in relevant discipline (e.g. Hydrology)
* Demonstrable experience within a consultancy or public sector environment
* Keen interest in hydrological assessment (e.g. flood risk, drainage) and modelling
* Knowledge of riverine and coastal environments
* Appreciation of relevant industry software (e.g. HEC-RAS, Flood Modeller, ISIS TUFLOW, Infoworks RS) is desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK drivers licence
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious hydrologist to rapidly develop their career on a healthy and varied portfolio of hydrology and flood risk projects within a friendly and supportive team. Our client offers flexible working, an excellent remuneration and benefits package and support in your continuing professional development.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com