Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant
Salary: Competitive Package
Type: Full time
Ecus Ltd has been providing environmental consultancy services for over 30 years and has gained a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and having a great working environment. We are currently seeking a senior to principal flood risk and drainage consultant to assist on a wide range of projects throughout Britain, including large infrastructure projects and housing developments. We are looking for a candidate to lead on undertaking Flood-Risk Assessments (FRAs) and drainage strategies for a wide range of schemes.
The successful candidate will be working on a range of development projects, particularly through the pre-planning stages, taking the lead in a flood risk and drainage team. A suitable candidate will have extensive experience in Flood Risk Assessments and drainage design and be able to use Microdrainage to a high standard. The ability to produce high quality reports and design specifications is a necessity. We are looking for someone who is working at a senior level and looking to develop a career within consultancy.
Typically the role will involve the following;
• Flood risk assessments
• Drainage Impact Assessments, drainage strategies & detailed designs
• Surface water management plans & flood evacuation plans
• Reporting and surveys
• Producing tenders and fee quotes
• Supporting the Technical Director and Sheffield Region in developing and growing the business
• Project management, client and business development meetings, site visits and field work
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Hydraulic Modelling using Flood Modeller and WinDes Microdrainage (or similar packages)
• Relevant academic qualifications and a minimum of 5 years professional experience, ideally in a commercial consultancy environment.
• A track record in work winning and client liaison and project management.
• Excellent analytical and numeracy skills and strong report writing ability.
On a personal level, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with good communication skills and the ability to fit into a lively and ambitious team. You must be willing to work anti-social hours and away from base where required.
Salary & Benefits
As well as our generous benefits package we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Investors in People status.
• Competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• Health and dental cover
• Flexible approach to work
• Friendly, supportive working environment
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter. If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us using the details below.
Closing date for applications Friday 24th November 2017 though early applications are encouraged and the advert may close early.