Our client is a specialist environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse pipeline of projects throughout the UK and Ireland. They have built their success through the appointment of highly motivated individuals who provide sustainable solutions to business challenges. They have grown steadily with a network of offices across the UK and are now looking to appoint a Senior Ecologist to their Edinburgh office to work with a dynamic team of ecologists.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Management, delivery and design of a range of ecological surveys and assessments for a diverse portfolio of proposals across the residential, commercial, infrastructure and renewables sectors
* Supervise other project team members, including subcontractors and seasonal staff
* Undertake and manage surveys covering a range of taxa, including Phase 1/ Extended Phase1 Habitat Surveys and protected species (e.g. bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* Prepare reports and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) for developments in a range of sectors.
* Liaise with clients, prepare tenders/ proposals and contribute towards business development, expansion of client base and resource management
Qualifications / Experience:
* Relevant degree education and membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. CIEEM or CEnv)
* Experience of managing EcIAs, Habitat Regulation Assessments (HRA) and Habitat Management Plans
* Strong experience in protected species and habitat surveys (Extended Phase1 Habitat, NVC, bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* Experience undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) duties is desirable
* Good knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full driving licence / CSCS card
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or