Our client have an exciting opportunity for a talented, dynamic and ambitious Planner to work alongside senior members of a large planning team on a broad range of SE & London based projects. The developments you'd contribute towards include estate regeneration, new masterplans, large scale mixed-use schemes and small/medium sized urban applications.
Our client takes pride in being progressive, innovative and ever-evolving; they strive to lead the market to supply integrated solutions that meet the absolute requirements of their ever expanding client base. This is an opportunity well suited for an ambitious Town Planner looking to build their reputation and portfolio of planning experience in a successful, well-known consultancy.
Key responsibilities include:
* Working as part of a team on large scale regeneration projects;
* Assisting with Co-ordination of multi-disciplinary project teams and project management;
* Assisting with major applications (Outline, Full, Sub Framework Plan and Reserved Matters) including; attending meetings, preparation of meeting minutes, deliverable trackers, programmes, drafting planning statements, public consultation and responses to consultees;
* Preparation, submission and negotiation of small / medium sized planning applications including: small/medium scale residential and commercial schemes, S.73/S.96 applications, discharge of conditions, advertisement consents, Listed Building Consents and temporary permissions;
* Conducting research and site appraisals on projects;
* Assisting with project tenders and client presentations; and
* Drafting policy representations.
You would join one of the UK's leading planning consultancies, led by Partners invested into the business and employing over 300 employees across a range regional offices in the UK. Their Reading office is a key space for working on major development across the Home Counties and throughout the outskirts of London.
* MRTPI qualified or working towards it.
* Have good planning experience, ideally within London.
* Experience of working on residential and mixed-use developments.
* Are committed and have an eye for detail.
* Have an ability to use their own initiative.
* Consultancy experience desirable but not essential.
In return, you will join a supportive team environment with exciting career opportunities, have good client exposure, enjoy outstanding professional development and gain exposure to an innovative and exciting multi-disciplinary environment.
Town Planner - Reading - Large-Scale Projects - Development Control Focus - Wide Variety of Work - Supportive Work Environment - MRTPI