Our client is a leading engineering, environmental and planning consultancy with offices across the UK and Ireland. They are currently seeking to appoint an Ecologist to join the 30-strong Environmental team in Carlisle and assist with a healthy portfolio of projects across the energy, infrastructure and property sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide ecological input for a range of development proposals across the energy, infrastructure, minerals, water and property sectors
* Undertake and manage surveys covering a range of taxa, including Phase 1/ Extended Phase1 Habitat Surveys and protected species (e.g. bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* Prepare reports and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) for developments in a range of sectors.
* Liaise with clients, prepare tenders/ proposals and contribute towards business development, expansion of client base and resource management
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree of Masters in relevant subject
* Membership of appropriate professional body (e.g. CIEEM) is desirable
* Demonstrable experience in a similar consultancy environment
* Experience in protected species and habitat surveys (Extended Phase1 Habitat, NVC, bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* SNH/ Natural England licence in one or more protected species (e.g. bats, GCN) is desirable
* Experience undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) duties is desirable
* Good knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full driving licence
This role has a generous benefits package, as well as the opportunity to rapidly develop your career on a comprehensive list of exciting project work within a friendly and supportive team.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com