Principal Environmental Consultant
My client are looking for an ambitious Principal Geoenvironmental Consultant to join and provide environmental advice to their team of geotechnical engineers in their Winchester office.
You will report directly to the Winchester based Director and will be accountable for managing projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients, controlling commercial aspects of projects together with assisting and participating in developing team members to their full potential.
You would be expected to demonstrate innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour and thus assist in the development of the company within the industry sector and beyond.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
* BSc. / M.Sc. in an Environmental related subject.
* Be a Chartered Geologist/Chartered Scientist
* Extensive experience in contaminated land investigation in the UK.
* A strong technical background in the investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land, site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste and soil classification, validation etc.
* SILC and CIRIA QP would be advantageous though would not be a barrier to the right candidate.
* Commercial awareness.
* Experience and understanding of current UK Legislation for contaminated land.
* Experience and confidence in dealing with regulators.
* Ability to manage people and demonstrate team leadership.
* Report writing, peer review and technical report checking skills.
* Limited geotechnical skills and knowledge would be required, strong skills would be ideal.
* Full UK drivers licence.
The successful candidate would lead the environmental side of the Consultancy and provide the main environmental advice to the company.
There is expansion in the present environmental coverage/workload of the company and for the right person, would provide an excellent opportunity for them to progress within and grow the company.
If you are interested in having a chat about the service I can provide to your company please call me on 0207 940 2105 or email me, email@example.com
If this role is not right for you please contact me for a confidential discussion on how we can approach the next step in your career as I work across the UK.