Job Ref: 16654
Job title: Ecology Consultant
Rate: £23,000 - £29,500 DOE
Our client is a leading environmental consultancy, seeking to appoint an Ecology Consultant into their Cambridgeshire based team. The successful candidates will join an established and close-knit team, providing services to a large portfolio of clients including developers, utility companies and the renewable energy industry.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Your brief will include;
* Plan and carry out a range of ecological surveys.
* Compile applications for protected species licenses.
* Undertake desk studies, research, consultations and data management.
* Compile reports using survey findings.
* Liaise with clients and statutory bodies, attending meetings when required.
* Provide input to ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
* Assist with writing quotes and tenders and identifying prospective clients.
* Manage a range of ecological surveys on small and medium sized projects.
* Act as ecological clerk of works.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Ecology Consultants will have:
* A degree in a related discipline
* A full driving licence
* At least one relevant EPS survey licence (or close to attaining).
* Experience of writing technical reports