I am supporting a Environmental Consultancy, with the growth of their Cardiff team. They are looking for an experienced Flood Risk Consultant to join their established team. You will be given the opportunity to manage and lead on a variety of projects across the UK, working on Fluvial and Coastal based works.
A typical week would include:
You will be working on a range of exciting projects, in sectors including house building and commercial development, renewables, power and transport infrastructure and regulatory agencies.
* Responsible for leading and supporting on Project Management
* Supporting the graduates through training
* Reviewing other colleagues' models and reports
* Liaising with clients and stake holders
* Writing bid/fee proposals
* Supporting the wider business development
* Knowledge and demonstrable experience in undertaking numerical environmental modelling in the water environment, either:
* A good understanding of hydrological and hydraulic modelling principles and experience in the use of hydraulic models; or
* A good understanding of coastal processes and experience of coastal numerical modelling.
* Some experience in the use of 2D hydraulic modelling (advantageous).
* A good first degree (upper second or higher) in a numerate discipline. Suitable disciplines include; civil engineering, environmental science and geography with an emphasis on physical geography, physics, chemistry and mathematics
* Excellent report writing skills.
* 3 - 5 years' experience
Flood Risk - Consultancy - Hydraulic Modelling - Fluvial - Coastal - FRA - Modelling - Water Management - Water Modelling - Cardiff - Bristol - Geography