We are currently working with a development planning consultancy who specialise in providing transport advice to developers, retailers, operators, land owners and public sector bodies.
They are looking for a Senior Transport Planner to join their team.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The team has a significant forward workload, which includes a range of projects including proposed commercial, industrial and residential developments.
Duties will include the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, undertaking capacity analysis using ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG, calculating trip generation using TRICS and TRAVL and preparing traffic data spreadsheets using Excel.
Qualifications / Experience:
* You will have a degree, ideally in Civil Engineering or equivalent numerate discipline and have solid hands-on post graduate experience.
* You will have experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans (both work place and residential) taking account of current and emerging national and regional transport policies.
* Knowledge of junction design and junction analysis software (including ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG).
* Ideally you will have proven experience in project management and successful delivery of multiple projects
* Knowledge of project management.
* Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally, with interest in developing Client relationships would be of benefit.
* Working knowledge of trip generation databases such as TRICS and TRAVL, as well as an understanding of the planning process.
* The ability to write coherent and legible reports is critical.