PV Yield Expert - Brighton - £45,000 to £65,000 depending on experience.
One of the leading technical advisory and engineering consultancies are looking to grow their renewables team with the hire of a Solar Consultant.
This role is for a PV Yield Expert who wants to use their creative flair to help test and deliver unique solutions to clients throughout the world. The role will be based in the companies Brighton office but will involve some travel within the UK and occasionally internationally as well. Although the focus is very much Solar PV you will also get the opportunities to cross disciplines into wind, biomass and of course the rapidly expanding storage sector.
You'll take responsibility and a lead on technical assessments such as:
* Solar irradiance assessment and yield analysis
* Power inverter, photovoltaic module and PV equipment technical review and PV array sizing
* Site inspections in the UK, and abroad on occasion
* Energy yield calculations, Performance Ratio calculation and analysis of production data
* Research and development of new tools and client solutions
* Quality assurance for PV yields and associated deliverables
* Proposal and Report Writing
* Managing Yield / Irradiation analysis deliverables
The clue is in the job title! You will need to be an expert in all things surrounding the technical assessments of PV Plants. You'll likely have at least 4 years' experience working in the PV industry in a similar role, ideally within a technical advisory / lenders engineer.
* Eligibility to live and work in the UK
* 4+ years of experience in the PV industry in a similar or related role
* Substantial experience using PVsyst and Meteonorm software, familiarity with other PV modelling software
* Familiarity with different meteorological databases
* Experience of PV design - Commercial and Utility-Scale
* Experience of PV system performance analysis and detailed operational assessment
* Familiarity with PV industry and PV systems including modules, inverters, transformers, mounting structures, cabling
* Experience working within a consultancy environment would be highly desirable
* Cross disciplinary knowledge, e.g. wind, biomass, energy storage would be advantageous
* Language skills, e.g. Spanish, French, etc would be very useful
Salary up to £65,000 + benefits. You'll also get to work in the vibrant city of Brighton and Hove which is nestled between the stunning South Downs National Park and the ocean.