This role is with a well-known multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who have offices throughout the UK. They are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to join their Suffolk office to work on both the modification of structures and working on a series of new projects they have recently won. They are open to people from a main contractor background, however you must have experience of working across a number of projects. In this role you won't be pigeon-holed into a certain sector or project.
The successful candidate will be liaising frequently with the Essex office, so would suit someone who is able to commute between the two.
* You will be responsible for training junior engineers and helping them to achieve their potential
* You will be required to lead and manage small to medium design teams so experience of this is crucial
* You will be working on a variety of projects including bridges and flood defences.
Requirements / Qualifications
* They are looking for someone who has a commercial edge and can help them to win new business in the future
* You must have experience of highways, rail or other civil engineering structures
* Good knowledge of British Standards and Eurocodes
* Ideally a Chartered Engineer (CEng, MICE)