We are currently working with a highly regarded multidisciplinary engineering consultancy seeking to appoint a Sustainability Consultant or Senior Consultant with experience in thermal modelling to join their successful building services team in Edinburgh.
You will join a thriving energy team and have the opportunity to work on a wide array of building service projects spanning the education, commercial, healthcare and retail sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage and support the development of IES dynamic simulation models (compliance; EPC production; daylight calculation; summer temperature analysis; natural ventilation studies; steady state calculations)
* Undertake energy audits and assessments including Section 63 assessments
* Computer modelling and analysis for building energy performance and efficiency
* Interpreting project briefs and implementing actions ensuring efficiency and quality
* Work within a wide array of projects and sectors
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in a Building Services or related discipline (e.g Architectural Engineering)
* Demonstrable consultancy experience within a building services environment
* Experience of IES or EDSL TAS software is desirable
* Knowledge of HVAC systems design.
* Knowledge of Building Regulations Part L and Section 6
* Knowledge of BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes is desirable
* Low Carbon Energy Assessor and / or Low Carbon Consultant is desirable