Due to their continued success and full pipeline of projects, a very well established client of mine is looking for motivated Flood Risk Consultants to join a growing team in Manchester.
The Manchester environmental team is full of passionate consultancy professionals who advise a wide range of clients across the UK and globally, spanning over their 40 years of business.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and diligent flood risk specialist looking to forward their career within a well-established and highly respected team Flood Risk team. The candidate will be involved with all stages of projects, including provision of fee quotes, preparation of technical reports, liaison with clients and regulators, and management of budgets and schedules. The team's growing client base includes property developers, architects, planners and property investors, primarily within the private sector.
A typical week would include:
* Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Sustainable Drainage Strategies and Hydrology & Flood Risk chapters for Environment Statements;
* Consultation with the Environment Agency (EA) and Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFAs);
* Desk-based research and data collection / analysis;
* Design of flood and drainage mitigation measures;
* Supporting the preparation of bids and fee proposals;
* Client liaison and attendance at meetings;
* Project management (e.g. managing budgets, developing new clients).
* Environmental Science, Hydrology or similar degree, preferably with a related MSc;
* 2-4 years professional experience preparing NPPF compliant Flood Risk Assessments and Sustainable Drainage Strategies;
* Good technical understanding of the key sources of flooding and sustainable drainage;
* Proficient report writing and IT skills, including the ability to use MS Word and MS Excel; and
* Knowledge of the UK planning regime and guidance documents: NPPF, Planning Practice Guidance, TAN15 and SPP7.
Flood Risk / Consultancy / Environmental / Water / Senior / Manchester