An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal, Associate or Associate Director (Flood Risk) to lead an established team within one of the UK's most highly regarded environment, planning and engineering consultancies.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and a track record of successfully delivering hydrological and flood risk assessments for complex and high profile development proposals in a mix of sectors. You will also have an aptitude for business development, in addition to project management, client liaison and team management skills.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage the delivery of hydrology, flood risk, EIA and surface water management studies for small, medium and nationally significant (NSI) infrastructure proposals in a range of sectors
* Develop the service offering, expand existing business and scope out new opportunities
* Offer advice on flood mitigation schemes for a range of development projects
* Grow and lead a team of hydrology specialists
* Liaise with internal and external clients
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree or Masters in relevant subject (e.g. Hydrology, Flood Risk)
* Chartership with a relevant institution (e.g. CIWEM, ICE)
* Demonstrable experience in hydrology and flood risk management either within consultancy or local authority
* Experience of leading project teams and managing client/ stakeholder relationships
* Experience as Expert Witness at DCO Examination or Public Inquiry is desirable
* Full Driving Licence is desirable
This is a great chance for an experienced water professional to shape their career within one of the UK's leading multidisciplinary firms. You will become part of a friendly and supportive team working closely with other environmental specialists within the business.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com