Our client is an international infrastructure and business services group, providing advisory, design, project delivery and managed services. Due to recent successes and expansion our client is looking to appoint a Chartered Building Surveyor to their Newcastle office.
The ideal candidate will be commercially-minded and enjoy engaging with clients. You will have the opportunity to work closely with private and public sector clients across a range of sectors while assisting in the continued growth and success of the Newcastle office. .
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage and assist with early stage design and feasibility work
* Assist with developing detailed briefs in conjunction with the client and senior colleagues
* Undertake all aspects of professional surveying work (including condition surveys, specific defect analysis, PW work, dilapidations and DDA)
* Carry out detailed design work and assist with preparing tender information
* Assist with administering building contracts (JCT or NEC)
* Liaise with clients, contractors and other consultants (internal and external
Qualifications / Experience:
* BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent
* Chartered member of RICS, COB, CABE or similar
* Experience within a commercial building surveying environment
* Good knowledge of Building Regulations and implications for design and surveying of buildings
* Good AutoCAD skills (Revit would be highly desirable)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well-respected, expanding company on a number of interesting projects across multiple sectors. This role presents an excellent opportunity for career development along with a great benefits package.