Our client, an international environment and planning consultancy, currently has an exciting opportunity for Contaminated Land Consultant/Assistant to join their land development team in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of contaminated land, groundwater and land gas projects across the UK.
Your will have a relevant degree in Geology, Engineering Geology, Environmental Science or Geoscience and some experience of having provided geo-environmental support within a private consultancy, developer or public sector organisation.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Preparation and delivery of desk studies
* Supervision and support of environmental site investigations
* Interpretive report writing
* Undertake sampling of soil, gases, groundwater and surface water
* Remediation design
* Report preparation and creation of plans and figures
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in relevant discipline (e.g. Geology/ Environmental Science/ Geotechnical Engineering/ Contaminated Land)
* Experience of providing geo-environmental support (e.g. groundwater monitoring, Phase I desk studies) within the private or public sector
* Appreciation of geotechnical aspects of site investigation would be beneficial as well as knowledge of drilling procedures
* Good site investigation skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good team player with ability to organise workload effectively
* Full UK driving licence
Our client offers excellent opportunities for professional development through a rewarding working environment.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com