Our client is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with a prestigious array of clients within the building and construction sector both in the UK and internationally. They are currently seeking to appoint a commercially-focussed Associate Director or Director of Transport Planning to lead and grow their development planning capability in Leeds.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for business development and a proven track record in the management and delivery of an array of transport planning studies across a range sectors. The role represents a great opportunity for ambitious individual to play a lead role in the future growth and success of the Leeds transport division, with the backing of the wider 120-stong transport planning team and one of the most reputable names in the UK engineering consultancy sector.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Develop existing business and generate new business
* Prepare tenders and fee proposals for submission to clients (including resources and programme)
* Deliver projects within set timescales and budgetary constraints
* Provide technical advice and manage the workload of a team as acting project director
* Provide the necessary support and training for staff to develop their professional careers
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. Transport Planning/ Civil Engineering)
* Chartered or working towards chartership status
* Experience of undertaking a range of development planning projects at varying stages and sound knowledge of planning policy and process
* Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
* Proven track record of developing and maintaining client relationships and ideally network of contacts in the Yorkshire region
* Experience as an expert witness is desirable but not essential
* Excellent technical and communication skills
This role is a unique opportunity to become part of an established transport planning business that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package and rapid progression to Partnership for the right individual.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or