As Principal Design Engineer you will be managing the delivery of highway schemes and solutions. You must be technically sound and have experience in managing people, this is an chance to work on both domestic and international opportunities.
* Relevant degree and extensive relevant post qualification experience on Highways Projects such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements.
* At, or working towards, Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
* Ability to prepare briefs and manage project costs and budgets.
* Working knowledge of design standards - DMRB, MfS.
* Understanding of highway design software, such as MX, WINDES, etc.
* Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices.
* Knowledge of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices.
* Full understanding of the health and safety legislation covering the construction industry.
* Management and project management skills to supervise and deliver a programme of works
* Working knowledge of contract procurement, specification, supervision and contract administration experience. (NEC Contract, MCHW).
* Excellent communication skills, including ability to write reports and make presentations and negotiate with all external parties including the public.
* Ability to manage and motivate junior staff. Ability to advise and discuss issues with senior staff
* Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
* Car driver.
Key words: Principal, Highway design engineer, S278, S38, S104 agreements, DMRB, Health and Safety, contract procurement