Our client is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with a prestigious array of clients within the building and construction sector both in the UK and internationally. They are currently seeking to appoint a Principal Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join their expanding team in Glasgow.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable consultancy experience on major highways and infrastructure schemes and will lead on the delivery of design solutions (drainage / roads / flood alleviation / earthworks) from feasibility through to detailed design and implementation. You will play an integral role in growth and continued success of the highways design capability in Scotland and across the UK.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage and review the preparation of designs, drawings and reports for a variety of major highways and infrastructure proposals
* Undertake feasibility and pre-planning assessments of engineering infrastructure
* Liaison with clients, regulators and other stakeholders
* Management and mentoring of engineers and technicians and reviewing technical outputs
* Project management, programme management, team management and budgetary control
* Business development through client liaison, networking and preparation of bids and proposals
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. BEng/ MEng Civil Engineering)
* Chartered or working towards chartered status with a recognised professional institution (e.g. ICE or CIHT) is desirable
* Excellent knowledge of infrastructure design at concept, feasibility and preliminary level
* Good knowledge of relevant policy and design standards (e.g. DMRB, Designing Streets)
* Experience in the design of adopted drainage and highways
* Experience of NEC3 contracts and complying with Designer Duties under CDM
* Competent in the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, MX and WinDes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com