Job Ref: 16667
Job title: GIS Software Developer
Location: Wolverhampton or Oxford
Rate: £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Our client, a well respected environmental consultancy, is looking for a capable and proactive developer to complement the existing team.
You will likely be a graduate with a relevant computer science or software programming qualification and a couple of year's relevant industry experience. Importantly, you'll have an interest in environmental issues and how these impact on society.
With the support of a senior developer you will provide programming support for a range of internal and external projects, both domestic and international.
You will be joining an established and expanding team which delivers innovative GIS, modelling and software based consultancy solutions to support a wide range of clients within the agricultural and environmental sectors.
* A degree or equivalent in a relevant computing discipline
* Enthusiasm for working with people and for developing innovative solutions to internal and external clients.
* Willingness to learn new skills and to work flexibly to respond to evolving markets.
* Good working knowledge of ESRI systems including ArcGIS, ArcEngine and ArcServer.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good organisational and planning skills
* A full driving licence is essential
To be successful in the role, you will preferably have some experience of .NET web and desktop software development / SQL Server experience, and/or ArcGIS software application development experience.