Job title: Senior / Principal Acoustics consultant
Rate: £30k - £50k
An opportunity has come up for a Senior/Principal Acoustics consultant to join a multi-disciplinary team and develop the acoustics service offering from our client's Birmingham office.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
As the Senior / Principal consultant, the majority of your work will focus on residential, commercial and mixed use development, you may also have the opportunity to provide acoustic expertise across other business sectors such as minerals, waste and renewables.
You will undertake noise monitoring, modelling and assessment works and be involved from the start to the completion of projects liaising with clients, other team members, employees across the company and third parties such as local authorities and transport consultants throughout the process.
Qualifications / Experience:
To be successful in post you will have;
* Proven experience of working in the field of acoustics, with a skillset including noise monitoring and assessment and the application of all relevant British Standards.
* A degree in Environmental Science (or similar), along with a post-graduate qualification in Acoustics.
* Experience of noise modelling using SoundPLAN or similar software
* Excellent communication skills, and confidence to liaise directly with clients
* Excellent writing capabilities / report writing skills
* Extensive organisational and numerical skills with experience of managing your own workload
* A Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
With the support of the Regional Director, there is excellent scope to grow the team, so you will have an aspiration to develop a team around you. The current pipeline of work is strong so there is no immediate need for you to win your own work. However, in the longer term, you will have a desire to win work and develop relationships with new clients.