There is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Flood Risk Consultant to join one of the world leading multidisciplinary consultancies in Sheffield. They're looking for someone to join the Flood Risk and Water Management Team, to support the delivery of projects in the River and Coastal sectors. You will be working with established clients such as The Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Our client are seeking a self-motivated individual to provide technical leadership of projects, mentor junior team members and produce high quality technical deliverables for the range of complex flood risk projects. As a senior flood risk specialist you will report directly to the Flood Risk Team Lead and be responsible for working closely with the existing flood risk team which includes a range of hydraulic modellers, civil engineers and flood risk specialists working at different levels. As well as working alongside the business development team to prepare proposals and bids.
Responsibilities will include -
* Hydraulic modelling of river, sewer or coastal processes
* Be responsible for the technical quality of work carried out within the team, provide supervision of projects, review and check work and provide leading technical skills as a technical specialist with minimal guidance
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and business units to share information and ideas
Qualifications / Experience:
* Bachelor level qualification in engineering and Chartered member of a recognised professional body
* Proficient in the use of TuFlow, ISIS or InfoWorks ICM hydraulic modelling software packages and relevant supporting software packages (SMS, MapInfo, ArcGIS and / or QGIS)
* Extensive technical skill in their nominated technical specialism (including associated software packages)