Senior / Principal Engineering Geologist
You will act as the geotechnical team lead and be responsible for the technical delivery of projects. The role will include management of both peers and junior staff on a technical and project delivery basis. You will also be responsible for providing a focal point for geotechnical advice both within the local Geo team and other disciplines and will form part of the wider geotechnical group both nationally and in the South West.
* An essential part of the role will be the provision of design advice on a range of geotechnical scenarios including: slope stability, earthworks assessment and geotechnical design reports, design of temporary works such as piling platforms, crane bases, retaining walls and piled platforms, combined with the design and management of desk studies and ground investigations to inform design.
* You will be experienced in the review and approval of ground investigation and geotechnical design report
* You will have a good working knowledge of appropriate British Standards, Eurocodes, Industry Guidance and NHBC Standards.
* You will hold a BEng, BSc or higher technical qualification in a relevant subject (geology, engineering geology, civil engineering, etc.)
* Chartered Engineer/Geologist with at least 8 years of relevant experience working in a land development related role. Experience of development (commercial and/or residential), partnering with main contractors and advising specialist contractors would be beneficial.
* The role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with good analysis and technical capability. Experience of AutoCAD and geotechnical assessment and modelling is also required. The ability to manage, mentor and develop staff within the team is also a key part of the role.
* This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with a successful and caring employer with an excellent reputation in the industry.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact me for a confidential chat on 0207 940 2105 or email me, email@example.com
If this role is not right for you please contact me for a confidential discussion on how we can approach the next step in your career as I work across the UK.