Our client is specialist engineering consultancy firm that delivers major construction projects globally. They are looking to appoint a Health and Safety expert to work on the construction of a high voltage transmission line in Jordan. The successful candidate will be an independent consultant to be in the country no more than a year over a five year project pipeline. Work language is English however knowledge of Arabic will be advantageous.
* Education at least up to University Degree or equivalent in engineering or natural sciences.
* Postgraduate studies in H&S/Social management would be highly advantageous.
* Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and knowledge of Arabic would be preferred.
* Ability to work well in a team and good communication and inter-personal skills
* Extensive experience in H&S/Social issues and proven experience in H&S auditing, monitoring of Environmental and/or Social Actions Plans (ESAP) in linear projects including transmission lines
* Experience in IFI financed projects
* Relevant international professional experience (outside the country of origin), professional experience in the Middle East is an advantage.
For more information on this role, or for any alternative requirements call Dominic Jacques on 02079602551.