One of London's leading developers is looking to hire an experienced Health & Safety Manager to work on one of the city's most prestigious new build projects. If you have high rise and a strong track record in delivering health and safety on major construction projects then this challenging role may be the ideal next step in your career.
* Adhere to and implement the requirements of the Internal Health and Safety procedures document where applicable.
* Ensure that the requirements of the Client's Health and Safety Procedures and Standards document for Trade Contractors is understood and adhered to by all involved with the project.
* Develop the Project Health and Safety Plan and Project Fire and Safety Plan. Plans are to be reviewed on a monthly basis by each Construction Project Safety Manager to ensure that they are still suitable and sufficient and meet the specific project's needs.
* Liaise with the Senior Health and Safety Manager on matters of compliance with, and interpretation of, current and prospective Health and Safety Legislation, approved code of practices and guidance.
* Advise on the provision of Health and Safety training as necessary.
* Be responsible for the prompt reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences (as defined by the RIDDOR Regulations 1995).
* Audit the project Health and Safety Plan at the stipulated intervals.
* Strong track record working on major construction projects as a Health and Safety Manager or Health and Safety Advisor.
* Be in possession of formal recognised Health and Safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH Certificate, NEBOSH Construction Certificate, NVQ level 3 etc. NEBOSH Diploma 1 would be advantageous.
* Technician Member of IOSH or above, with a willingness to train towards full chartered membership.
* Possess a practical, proactive approach to Health and Safety management.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Possess influencing skills with the ability to influence behaviours at all levels.
* Must be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned project team, trade contractors and members of the Health and Safety department.
Our client offers a huge pipeline of upcoming prestigious projects, and has an excellent reputation for staff retention. If you would be interested in discussing the role but don't have an up to date CV then give Dominic a call on 02079602551.